The National Rugby League High Performance Coaching Course has been developed to ensure that talented and elite players reach their full potential as a result of coaching best practice. It is the highest level of Rugby League Coaching Accreditation in Australia, and has been designed for experienced coaches that are currently involved in, or aspire to coach in the Talent Development or High Performance streams of the game. The course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to design, implement and monitor a Rugby League Performance Program that ensures that talented and elite players reach their full potential.
Upcoming HPC Courses
2015 Courses will take place on the following dates.
Brisbane – 22nd October – 25th October
Sydney – 29th October – 1st November
To apply for one of these courses, please click on the course you wish to attend.
The course will be limited to 15-20 participants per year. The following selection criteria will apply:
- Senior Club Coach Accreditation (minimum)
- Applicants MUST be actively coaching
1. Applicants will be screened according to their experience and current coaching responsibilities
a) Applicants who are currently coaching at the following levels will automatically pass the first stage of the screening process:
- State Cup (Queensland and NSW Cup or equivalent)
- Junior Representative (Harold Matthews/Cyril Connell and SG Ball/Mal Meninga)
- Schoolboy Representative (State Level or above)
b) If there are any positions remaining following the first stage of screening, candidates coaching at the following levels will be considered on a case by case basis:
- Local League (A grade or equivalent) Coaches
- Development Squad Coaches
- Specialised Sport High School Coaches
- New Zealand candidates who meet any of the requirements
2. In the event that total applicants passing the screening phase exceed the total course limit, candidates will be ranked according to their coaching experience, any relevant additional qualifications (including, but not limited to, tertiary qualifications) and references provided.
Important Note: For coaches who are not accepted into the course based on the screening and ranking process, they will be placed in a holding list for the following year. They will again be screened and ranked against the applicants for the 2015 NRL HP Course.
HPC Course Content
The High Performance Coaching Course covers the following modules:
- Performance Analysis
- Skill Acquisition
- Coaching and Leadership Skills
- Physical Conditioning to improve Performance
- Psychological Preparation for Peak Performance
- Advanced Attacking Skills
- Advanced Defensive Skills
High Performance Coach Accreditation
In order to gain the High Performance Coaching Accreditation, you will be required to:
- Attend all modules delivered at the High Performance Coaching Course
- Complete all Assessment Tasks by the specified due dates
- There will be no Recognition of Prior Learning for candidates accepted into the course.